So I know I have already done a post on this recipe, however I wanted to update my technique and what I did this year 🙂 Chocolate covered pretzels are by far one of the easiest holiday baking you can do, especially if you are in a pinch and need something that tastes great and not really hard to do!
For making chocolate covered pretzels all you need is any type of chocolate (I used dark, milk, and white chocolate). You can also use any sort of toppings (I used skor bits) but I have used sprinkles in the past.
So what you want to do first is melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, or in a double boiler. Make sure not to burn chocolate or you will have to start all over again. Once chocolate is melted dip pretzel, while leaving about half an inch bare so you can still have something to grab . Allow chocolate to set for 10 minutes in the fridge.
If you are going to add skor bits like I did in the picture above, before allowing chocolate to completely cool roll pretzel in skor bits so that they will stick to chocolate. Place into fridge to set.
Once chocolate has set, you can now drizzle your white and dark chocolate over set chocolate for added texture and taste!
Once you are finished drizzling and adding your toppings allow chocolate to set for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before transferring to container.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Super easy to make and great for any holiday treat!
- 25-30 stick pretzels
- 2 cups milk chocolate wafers
- 2 cups white chocolate wafers
- 2 cups dark chocolate wafers
- 1 cup skor bits
- Melt milk chocolate wafers in a double boiler. To make a double boiler bring a pot of water to a simmer and place stainless steel bowl over top. Place chocolate in the bowl and continuously stir until chocolate is melted. You can also use your microwave to melt chocolate using proper settings, just make sure not to burn.
- When chocolate is melted dip pretzels , leaving about half an inch for a handle.
- Then place dipped pretzel on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cool in fridge.
- Once first coating of chocolate is applied and set (for about 10 minutes) drizzle melted white and or dark chocolate over already dipped pretzels.
- If choosing to add skor or any other topping to pretzels make sure to add before chocolate has set.
- Once complete allow your nicely decorated pretzels to set in fridge for 30 minutes before transferring to a container.
You want just enough chocolate to melt, I bought about $10 worth of each type from the bulk food store
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks great for the holidays 🙂