I love making these Sweet Marie Chocolates during the holidays. My mom was the one to originally introduce me to them! She would make them every Christmas, now it’s my turn to take on the tradition of making these tasty bad boys! I love holiday baking, it always seems like there is so much to do but in the end its so worth it 🙂
Homemade Sweet Marie Chocolates
In a saucepan combine corn syrup, peanut butter, brown sugar until melted, once melted turn off heat and fold in your unsalted peanuts and rice krispies
Once ingredients are combined, pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to spread out evenly, then place in fridge to cool for 10-15 minutes
Once mixture is cooled, cut into stripes and then squares.
After cutting, shape squares into small-medium sized balls. Once you have formed your balls cool them in the fridge for 5 minutes so they can harden up before dipping them in melted chocolate. Once your balls have set for 5 minutes, melt chocolate in double boiler or in the microwave. Make sure to get an even chocolate coating.
Homemade Sweet Marie Chocolates, can’t hardly wait to eat them 🙂
Holiday Sweet Marie Chocolates- A quick and easy holiday treat
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 4 cups of rice krispies
- milk chocolate melting wafers
- white chocolate melting wafers
- Skor bits
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, corn syrup in a saucepan on low heat.
- When ingredients are combined add unsalted peanuts.
- After combining the first 4 ingredients remove from heat and add rice krispies
- Press mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, allow to cool.
- Once cold, cut mixture into strips (then squares). Once you have small to medium sized squares, shape into balls.
- Dip Sweet Marie balls into melted chocolate.
- Let cool, on lined baking sheet with parchment paper. Then drizzle white chocolate, or whatever else you would like to top chocolates with.
You will want to allow mixture to cool on pan for 10-15 minutes before forming into balls. Once balls are made, allow to cool once again in fridge for 5 minutes to make sure balls have set. Then you will want to allow chocolates to cool for a third time after dipping into chocolate.Wait 15-20 minutes before transferring to container, this will make sure chocolate has set.