Who doesn’t love Chicken Parmesan? Crispy chicken slathered with a delicious tangy marinara sauce, covered with a gooey blanket of provolone and mozzarella cheese. This retro dish has always been one of my favs.
Here’s all the ingredients you need minus the chicken.
Pound out chicken to about 1/2 inch thickness
Breadcrumb, oregano, Parmesan, pepper mixture and flour.
Whisk 2 eggs
Dredge pounded chicken in flour.
After dredging in flour, dip chicken into eggs.
Then after dipping in egg, dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
In a skillet heat oil, once oil starts to sizzle you can now start cooking your chicken. Once chicken is browned on one side flip.
After you flip your chicken continue browning other side for 2 mins on medium heat. Then place in oven to cook out for the remainder.
This is what your chicken should look like after about 10 mins in the oven at 425 F with convection on.
Once out of the oven, spoon marinara sauce over top.
Melt mozzarella and provolone cheese in oven.
Yummy!!! so delicious, cant wait to eat. Enjoy 🙂
Baked Chicken Parmesan on a Bun
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 eggs
- 4 buns
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (you can use Italian bread crumbs if you don’t want to make it from scratch)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of flour
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice chicken breasts in half then pound out chicken breasts to about a half inch thickness, set aside until needed.
- On one plate, combine Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, oregano, and pepper. Then in a bowl, whisk together 2 eggs. On another plate, on the other half of the plate place the flour.
- To “bread” the chicken breast: Dip chicken piece in the flour, coating completely.
- Next dip chicken into egg wash and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to fully coat.
- Heat skillet with 2 tbsp of oil on medium heat. When oil in pan starts to sizzle place chicken in the skillet.
- When chicken is browned on one side flip to brown the other side.
- After both sides are crispy and brown put in the oven for 10 more mins depending on thickness of chicken.
- When chicken is fully cooked, spoon marinara sauce on top of the chicken. Then add shredded mozzarella and provolone.
- Turn oven to broil and allow cheese to melt and turn all bubbly. Also you can toast your buns in oven but keep an eye on them because they can burn very fast on broil setting.
- When buns are ready and cheese is melted assemble parm chicken on a bun and enjoy!