Asian food can sometimes be intimating to create with the complex flavors, but with a little practice you can accomplish any dishes. I tried creating Pad Thai with chicken tonight for the first time and it turned out great.
In the picture above this is what you need to create this delicious meal.
Finished product Bon Appetit
Spicy Chicken Pad Thai
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamarind mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 7 oz of rice noodles linguine width
- 1/4 cup pad thai sauce (above)
- 2 egg
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1/4 cup tofu, blotted dry
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons roasted (unsalted) peanuts, chopped
- oil for stir frying
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
For the sauce:
For the Noodles:
- Start by making the Pad Thai sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat on low until the palm sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, increase heat to a quick boil (a few seconds) and then remove from heat. The sauce is finished.
- Then you want to cook rice noodles according to the package. When done rinse under cold water and shake apart so they do not stick
- Once you have that ready you can sweat out your shallots and garlic, when they become fragrant add chicken that you previously cooked , tofu, and the sauce.
- Push everything over to one side of the frying pan so that you can cook up your eggs. Make sure to beat the eggs first before adding to pan
- When eggs are cooked, incorporate with the rest of the ingredients.
- Now you can add your noodles, bean sprouts, green onions. I also added the soya sauce at this stage
- Mix all together, making sure to break apart noodles with fork so they do not turn into one big clump.
Garnish with chopped unsalted peanuts, bean sprouts and a lime